Monday, January 10, 2011

About Me

I am a shopoholic ...

Yep, I said it ... got it off my chest. I have spent tons of money on things from full-priced clothes, designer handbags (my addiction), and even groceries. After looking at my finances for a year, I have noticed that a considerable amount of my money has gone to groceries. I convinced myself to give up some of my favorite brands to buy only store brand items because "it's cheaper," I have given up on some things to purchase others, and  I have settled into eating too much fast food because often times I have found it to be cheaper then buying a full meals worth of food for only 2 people. But now that I am in graduate school and my boyfriend is in school our budget has gotten tighter.

There have been times that I used coupons and took a dollar off a full-priced item or gave them to friends, because I didn't know there was any other way. I had no clue you could save so much money instead of waiting for a "sale." A few months ago I started keeping coupons from the paper with this goal of eventually starting couponing. Well, the time is now and I have already saved over $200 in just a month and a half. I have started my stock pile with a ton of cold medicine and several boxes of cereal, but it will continue to grow.

This blog will not only keep you up-to-date on great deals but it will talk about money saving methods, giveaways, great recipes, and even some awesome craft projects. I encourage you all to leave me feedback and let me know about other great things you find. I have a Facebook page and a Twitter account so feel free to add me or e-mail me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment